Skip to main content

Miya !!!



A girl from a middle class family stays along with her parents a elder brother and 1 maid ... a pet names jumman (cat) a local breed ...
life looked beautiful at the age of 14 when you start to know more better things in life.. a girl can have a knowledge window open and trying to figure out what  the world  going to be like ..

miya is a talkative !!! miya is full of life. Miya doesn’t understand difference between the real life and a dream life ... she has always believed that what she dreams comes into reality!!!
Miya has no set goals for life at that age.. Let’s see how this little girl tastes the reality !!

Miya’s world is school , her frds , her family and close frds in her life ... she has not seen the world apart from this .. her two best frds Kavya and Naina !! .. Kavya is nice and a beautiful girl , Naina is also beautiful .. hahaha that age no one can understand how to evaluate beauty so everyone in our class is beautiful !!! The besties always beautiful ...
miya are you coming to school tomorrow ?? it’s a selection day for class monitors .
Yes I am very excited I am coming who all there Kavya : do you know I have put your name as well in that
Miya: what who told you ?? Why did you do that ?? You know na my marks are not that great that I will through to be a monitor,, and you know that Miss : Patil will insults so bad if you don’t answer her properly gosh !!! Why you had to do this to me Kavya .. I thought your my best friend..


Miya next day comes to school with all the courage she had gathered but still feeling nervous.. miya goes to the class and Kavya is waiting for her before the Assembly  ..
Kavya : why are you upset ??
Miya : thank you for that .. Couldn’t you see me happy?? Anyways I never wanted to be a monitor then why have to do this??
Kavya : ohh I thought you wanted to be a monitor you remember last time when we were in PT you said one day you want to do this .. so I thought
Miya : Kavya I am very upset I can’t even take my name back now it’s too late ..
Kavya : miya I know you will be very good monitor ,believe me ,you will give all the answers well even though your marks are not good in the last unit test it doesn’t matter ..
miya : hmm let’s see how it goes
What time is the selection
Kavya : post lunch break tells it quickly miya looks at her and blows hair ..
miya : Kavya will ask me tables in the selection
Kavya : I don’t know
Miya : you know how good I’m in the tables uffhh where this girl has put me ..
Class finished and we had a 5 minute break before the maths teacher arrives..
math and miya never get along !!!
Miya hates tables and that too when it’s asked to mock front of the class..
They were brilliant girls in the class who were good with all the subjects especially maths
Miya use to get nervous but never given up
Miya had a very childish face. Full of life everyone liked her in the class for a frank speaking and helping all in the class.
She was not bad in studies but not excellent like few she had in her class
Her group had 7 girls out of that 4 were the best scoring girls and I (miya) had always scored 7 or 8 position in the class..
maths class finished we had a lunch break
We sue to share our tiffin with the whole group everyone use to get yummy lunch box
Neeta my friend use always get a red chutney I use to love it .. she always gave me to taste ..
we finished our lunch and we were chatting and Kavya told everyone that miya has given her name to be a monitor .. all my gang was wow miya that’s nice all the best said all of them ..
this was a surprise for me when I saw everyone was happy about it .. you can well handle and be a monitor you have got that quality !! Go girl you will win ..
for a moment I thought I am going for a war a decked up soldier .. ohh ok
That moment I thought yes I will be make it I can’t lose

Miya : our school uniform is so cool but why we have to wear a jacket on that .. it’s so hot but smile on face and standing with the other girls who have come to be monitor ..
a girl next to me trying to fix her hair and pin it properly others are trying to get proper creases on the skirt .. uffhh I am not trying anything like that ,am I normal or way to careless .. the lady from the principal Office comes and briefs about the rules and ask to stand in a group of four .. we were 16 girls so it made her life easy for us to divide and make into 4 girls in one group ..
I had a girl who scores way to well in the exams and she is giving Looks as if I am not a fit , i tried to ignore her and tried to be friendly with other two girls standing with me .. I know them they were from other divisions we never had a friendship but I knew then may be I have seen her near the bus stop ...
There was a girl who had a boyfriend at the age of 13 .. it was a bad thing to be frds with boy apart from your brothers and the one whom you take as a brother .. all the girls in our school use to talk about her and gossips . She was in the other group and I was staring at her she looked as good as all of us but she had beautiful hair .. nice mushroom cut and stone studs in her ear .. she was tall and fair looked little better then others ..
One girl from the group asked me your class teacher knows your going for this I said yes she might be knowing it .. ohh still she send you .. my ego was hurt .. something was burning in me .. at that age ego is undefined .. I was angry asked why did she ask me like that .. she refused to answer .. but that thought was running in my mind .. I hated her to the core ..
rules were very simple you should be well dressed smiling face and have he ability to perform your duty which is given by the school being a monitor .. and at that point I thought I have it all .. very proud
Miss Patil comes first to take the intro from us .. every girl is makes her best speech to say one by one .. you have given 3 min speaks and intro your self to others ...
i was the tenth in the row .. I heard them all speaking so well that I got nervous when my turn came .. I took a deep breath and began the intro .. good afternoon everybody I am miya Khan from 8 A ... blah blah I gave a three minutes speech just make sure everyone heard me I gave a last glance on everyone’s face and smiled ... they all loved it and applauded felt so proud .. my heart beats were never so fast even in exams times ... I thought I wish Kavya and Naina could hear what I said .. but anyways it was a good try
I heard all the girls and they were superb and I felt may be I could say it like her .. it was too late by the time .. his whole things ended by an hour or so .. then came the last twist you have get a maximum votes from the school to be elected as a monitor for the school ..
miss Patil told us all , we will give you 3 hours post lunch from tomorrow you can do your campaign during the class each class for 5 min you can showcase your ability to perform being a monitor .. after three days the school will vote for you and the winner will be declared in the assembly on the forth day .. we all girls were excited and left the recreation hall to our respective classes ..
soon I reached the class all the girls from my class applauded and even my history teacher was also smiling with proud .. wow I felt as if I have ranked number one wow what a feeling .
after school my whole gang was planning how to go about the campaign and how to impress other girls to vote me ... we all decided we all will write on a piece of paper and get back tomorrow and discuss the plan
While going home my mind was fully functioning and feeling very positive about this whole monitor fight .. I was very close to my brother and would share everything with him , soon after I reached home I was looking for my brother as always he was playing with his video game and my maid back of him to have his snacks .. I went his room and he looked at me and said what happened miya why are you smiling like this ..
Mihaan !!! my brother who is 15 months elder to me but behaves way to younger to me .. we both have a special bonding like other siblings but ours is special one .. we share everything with each other .. mihaan was excited and left the game and asked tell me what happened .. did you get your pocket money .. I nodded no with a bad expression .. miya bolna yaar kya huva ?? Kisine tuje propose kiya kya ?? I said promptly no .. achaa bolna
Miya : bhai I had told you na we have school monitor selection are going on .. mihaan ha uska kya .. your acting as if you got it .. miya no bhai but I am also in that !!!
mihaan .. ohhh really but I thought you don’t have any interest to be a monitor ... yes bhai I know I was not but since Kavya had put my name and today I went for the selection process and they were 15 other girls from other divisions I felt so proud I could stand with them and presented my class so well all were appreciating me for my speech ...
mihaan : uss mei kya hai maine yeh bhaut baar kiya hai !!! Tera pheli baar hai na so your excited .. chal ek game khel rahi hai kya before my frds come and then you have no chance .. so I just grabbed the chair and started to play .. we use to play game called mario we love to play it !!!
Soon after I finished my game Varun was standing on my head he hit him on my head to move I gave him a dirty look and the joystick to him .. his our colony friend but in the same school with my bro they both were engrossed in the game I left in moms room to change ... I changed and had my tea and snacks which my maid got ...
evening were fun after school we had a big gang playing various games .. our fav was to play hide and seek .. name place animal and thing .. touch and run .. laggori .. and chappi .. and all were masters in those games .. we use to also play boys games such as gotti (marbles) and gilli danda .. many such games which never had a name but we knew it how to play and made rules as well for that ...


I use to take bus from my place to the school we had 6 stops before we reached school .. I had lots of frds from school some seniors and few juniors and few from my class as well ... we all use to take the same bus to reach the school ... the day was special we were suppose to make a plan for the campaign and all excited ..
I took the 7.30 am bus as it is always crowded yet enough place to stand .. I took money to take the ticket .. waved my hand to fetch the ticket before I could take it another hand from the crowd touched the ticket and handed over to me .. I saw it was a boy who use to stay in our colony but never noticed him before ... I smiled said thank you .. every stop I had frds joining me and we were almost 12 girls heading to school in the same bus ... it was a everyday routine for us .. getting closer to the door soon after 5th stop .. we got down and all started walking towards the school
I had a girl from my class who use to climb the bus on the 5th stop she use to always walk with me from the bus stop till school . She came running from behind and asked me wow if you become the monitor which monitor will you become , I was confused is it I didn’t not think on that let me see what i get ..
don’t get discipline monitor !! Why I asked with the super speed before she could say anything .. I heard if your discipline monitor for the school you have to reach half hour before the school time and stand on the main gate and watch every girl who gets inside like now how Namrata does from the c division , ohhh right ok how did you know that , Namrata told me the other day when you went for the selection .. oic
We got closer to the main gate and Namrata was standing with other monitors to watch every girl how she has dressed .. to check on everything like have to worn the school dress. With two pleated hair with white band black shoes and your batch and belt in place .. your nails and other things ..
our school had lots of rules which was bad .. we were not allowed to wear above knee skirt and we were not allowed to fold our socks , we were not allowed nail polish , Kajal, lip-gloss , Vaseline was allowed , no mehendi , no funky haircuts and no fashionable earrings and no finger ring , and not even any thread around the wrist ..
Sushma and I got into the gate waved at Namrata she smiled and we moved to the assembly hall after we kept our bag in the class .. Kavya and Naina were around the corner when I reached the assembly hall .. they both come together they stay close by to each other but far from the school they both come on bicycle and enjoy riding it every day .. In school we had nice place to park our bicycles usually many girls prefer coming by bicycles then taking a bus or a auto .. we didn’t have the facility of school bus we had to come by public transportation buses .

we all frds had a rule to catch place for the gang who ever enters the assembly hall first they have to catch the place to stand and make sure everyone is close by .. Assembly ministers are very rude and they are always seniors and they have lots of attitude and make us feel like poor beggars .. as I was catching place one minister from the corner told the girl next to me to move forward .. and I am like ohhh Naina ka jagha Gaya .. yaar tu mat ja abhi Naina aayegi .. lekin yeh Nisha (minister) she is yelling at me so forget it I am moving forward ..
Somehow Kavya and Naina entered the hall and waved me from the door I called them to come here and Kavya as usual why such front row your standing today didn’t you get the last row .. hello I was standing there only but you know na this bitch ask me to move ahead anyways don’t worry today principle is not there so chill just Do your prayer and move ... those days we don’t seems to consider how to come to school rather we don’t bother how to look good or beautiful .. We only think about how to be always together in the class, break time and chat as much as possible.. And keep giggling about everything around us.. assembly finished we were leaving the hall with discipline as guided by the assembly ministers ...
Our school had finished the mid-term and we were getting ready for the final term and being in seventh grade we were asked to score well so that we are in a better division and it was a board exams this year ...
everyone knowing that we are serious about it and our parents were also constantly reminding us about the pressure..
Kavya : yesterday my mom was telling me it’s family dinner in my grandma house and you know what she said you can call your frds Kavya .. Wow I jumped with joy and wanted to call you soon after but before I could dial you ,my dad had come home so I just skipped in my room before he ask me how’s my studies going on ..
Kavya was very scared of her father.. at that age everyone is scared of parents ..
Kavya’s father is a business man and doing very well!! That’s what my uncle has said once Kavya has everything which she needs very pampered life she had, yet scared of her father.. Even my father was good but I always admired Kavya father he was nice looking handsome man with nice dressing sense he use to look like a hero from the films.. Whenever I use to look at him I use to feel this..
There is a saying :the grass is always greener on the other side !!!
My father was very sober and never played with me or my brother when we were small.. He was always a father never a friend for us.. At that time it’s very unusual to see father being so friendly with the kids .. so do the mother’s always instructors don’t do this !! Doesn’t dress like this!! Don’t sit like this!!! Don’t stand in the window!!! Oops so many restrictions!!!


Once I had a birthday party in my colony we all were supposed to go.. Mom always decides what should I wear.. I had something else in the mind but I got something else to wear those little disappointing things keep happening when you’re not grown up in a mother eyes.. This will be even after you get married and have kids mother will always be mother!!!!
The birthday parties those days were like your frds will come home and you have to behave like your visiting your friend front of your parents and their parents so nothing much happens .. your aunt or uncle or your mother takes a place around some corner in the living room and your party begins .. your all the conscious that you have been watched for everything ...
party finish with cake cutting and birthday song after everyone is served with a piece of cake and few others things on the plate (yes your well do to then you get served with some potatoes chips, namkeen and piece of cake) a return gift use to be always a pen or pencils or sometimes scale or else plastic mugs with cartoon print on it ... if they budget is good enough..
Gifting to a birthday girl or a boy was always mommies head .. She will give those things which you have got in your birthday or else she would get you a pen or else a tiffin box (which you got last birthday unused) some Aunty or uncle gifted you on your birthday .. Anyways we finished the party around 8.30 my bro had come to pick me up.. Even though its closet to my house still my mom would send my bro to pick me up .. so annoying but can’t help it ...
I reached home went straight to my room , changed and filling up my bag for the school next day .. I don’t understand why can’t keep simple learning things and few books to carry and that too carry same books but no god has beautiful plans for us... Everyday need to check the time table and pack your bags... tiring work but no relief till your in school..


As I was waiting for the bus, another girl from my school came and sat near me..  Hi your late yes got up late , hmm .. even your late yes will miss the PT today yes .. while we were chatting bus came we climbed and reached the school around 8am .. the main gate was closed and we had to wait until the PT finishes. so we were like waiting around 15 to 20 girls were late .. omg I had not seen this before so practically I never went late to school .. I was feeling bad to wait near the gate and people were watching us passing by the road ..
finally 8.05am PT finishes and all the girls heading towards the classes .. I moved little ahead in the queue and I saw Namrata checking and asking for the reason to be late .. I went next she asked me miya why are you late ??
Sorry I missed my bus . Next I won’t do it .
Namrata : you can’t do like this if you want to a monitor .. you better come on time and put those flicks behind..
I never had a great haircut.. I had a blunt cut and use to pin it and wear a headband.  That was a rule of school no flicks on the forehead or no zulfe on your ear .. I fixed it properly and moved reached the class .. I hopped in class and took my seat next to Naina ..
Naina : tuje kya huva itna late aayi Tu aaj ??
I missed my bus
Naina : ohhhh sach mei ya , you missed your bus for that guy ??
Miya: Which guy ??
Our class teacher arrives and we all stand up and wished : good morning teacher !!
Miss Mangal : good morning girls !! Today after first break we have a presentation on women health care .. we have few people who will meet you all in the assembly hall .. this is for all the seventh std division ok ..
Soon after the announcement he whole class was chit chatting ..
miss Mangal : silence please .. she took our attendance and walked away .. there were 5 min before the subject teacher arrives ..
the whole class was talking about what women health .. what it must be like and why only 7 division is attending it .. so many questions Kavya I think they are teaching us to groom ourselves ,Naina I think they are giving us some medicine .. so many minds and so many questions all were trying their hands on all the issues which we could think on ...
teacher comes in the class the next two classes were history ,& social studies ...
Bell rang and we had a break time for 20 minutes since it was a half day we had only one break .. we all went out and had our tiffin ..
Saturday tiffin is  fun , all the tiffin are filled with light snacks …  my mom makes this bread ka chuda ( bread has cut in cubes and it’s been roasted with onion red chilli powder salt and coriander leaves to garnish it )for the tiffin it’s easy and tasty my bro and I like it a lot .. Saturday’s we prefer that in tiffin !!!
we had same conversations during the break .. Neeta why this school waste so much time they would left us early instead of this session .. the other girl from the group yes ,but it must be important that’s why it is only for us !!
All were like ok let’s see what they have  to show us , we went in the class finished and reached assembly hall and waited .. we saw there is projector pulled out and some speaker and a mike and one girl standing near the stage ..
we sat on the floor assembly hall doesn’t have chairs to sit , either we are standing or else sitting on the floor which has a thick mat layer on the floor we all sat close to each other and within five minutes the girl who was in the corner of the stage came in the middle and stood holding the mike in the hand ..
I was waiting what she will speak..
She first introduced herself and said she is here to give information about our period or menses .. the whole assembly hall was quite as if someone was asked to tie our mouth ..no noise at all .. then she began to speak and spoke for an 10 minutes and asked us questions .. few girls from our division had already knew abot it and they were shy to talk but someone few girls spoke and told her ... this was so new to me I was shocked to hear this and till day no one had told me about this .. not even my mom .. the girl told us to come one by one and take this packet .. there was a sanitary napkins in that called Stayfree .. and we moved and collected the packet and sat again
I was feeling very embarrassed to even see how it looked like never seen .. never experienced so I kept it straight in my pocket and didn’t even open it till I reached home ..
Naina and other girls kept talking on that after the long bell I told them I am
Leaving soon need to go to grandma’s house so I left early ..
while going back from the school I made sure I kept that packet properly and left to the bus stop ... I was waiting for the bus and I saw the gang of boys coming and waiting near me .. this is very normal it’s everyday these boys catch the bus with us and get down to their respective stops .. today I was feeling way to uncomfortable and awkward towards everything .. I was not understanding was it just because of this periods sessions .. I was not feeling good about this whole session .. I got the bus and standing near the driver , I took my ticket and I was looking outside .. I saw a buy standing next to me and looking at me and smiling ..I looked at him and fail to recognise him and just moved my face towards the window ..my stop came I got down and started to walk towards the house .. I saw this boy is also walking behind me .. I was why this boy coming behind me .. is he trying to see where I stay .. ohh detective in me was alive and I tried to reach my house from some other route and straight entering the house I was watching if that boy has seen my house .. I couldn’t find him and went inside ..


Since it was a half day I reached home before 1pm .. so I took a nap for an hour and woke with a phone ring .. it was my cousin Rukhsaar .. she was like are you coming home I said yes I will reach Nani’s house around 3.30 pm .. ok chal jaldi aana ok ...bye
I got up took bath and got ready to go to Nani’s the house was near my school and I informed my maid and got ready to leave , as I was leaving my brother came home I asked if his coming to Nani’s house he said no I have a match today . Why are you going are you not coming to see my match ohhh I forgot ya but I have promised rukhi I will come to see her .. he waved with disapproval and I left .. I told him I will try to come soon but he knows once I go to my Nani’s place I don’t come early ..
I wore my sandals and begin to walk towards the bus stop .. I saw the same boy standing on the bus stop .. I didn’t know what to do I ignored him and stood but I was watching him from the corner of my eyes just to check if his looking at me .. but he didn’t look at me even once since I was on the bus stop .. I was feeling good .. soon the bus came I climbed even that boy climbed the bus and got down soon on the next stop and waved me bye .. I saw him and he noticed it omg what is this .. miya stupid tuje kon bol uski tarf dekhne Pagal. .. this was my inner voice was yelling at me for my mistake .. I was actually feeling weird about such things .. when Naina or Kavya use to tell we saw this guy on cycle he was so good looking ya .. I was just not interested in such things and why anyone would look at us and smile Kavya ???
Kavya why ?? don’t you think we look beautiful and smart to attract boys ..
miya : yes we are beautiful smart but why to attract them ..
Kavya : you forget it you won’t understand .. when you experience it then you will know ..
ok Kavya the sexy we will talk about this later when it will happen to me ok
Today whatever happened it might be just a coincidence but how come I behaved like this ..
in the same thoughts I reached my grandma house and met all my aunts and my cousins .. we have a big gang of cousins and all are so close to each other that we tend to share everything with each other ..
rukhsaar is my mama’s daughter
Very cute looking girl and kind hearted very close to she is only a year younger to me .. she is in other school so only festivals and Saturday and Sunday we tend to meet and vacations .. our talks never end we keep talking as if we have not seen each other’s for ages .. my aunt use to yell at us all the time what you both talk so much every time you meet your sitting in some corner and chatting and giggling all the time .. we use to just smile and say kuch nahi !!! And giggling and run from there .. we both had created a code language which is called P language , we use to use the letter p between every word which we speak for example How are you in P language hapow appre youpu ? Lopook shipi ipis gopoiping napow !! Look she is going now !!
No one in our gang was knowing this language it only rukhi and me use to talk when we had talk something interesting and secret talks .. lolzzz
I spend the whole evening with my cousin and left the house around 7.30 pm my uncle was suppose to drop me home .. so I was on the bike and those days bike was a beautiful ride for a girl like me ... watching the bus and other vehicles passing by you .. amazing feeling it is .. uncle dropped in 10 minutes and I was at home , my mom was there sitting in the living room , as I came she asked me why so late I had no answer for that .. since my uncle had come to drop me it was end of discussion for that day .. I escaped and went in the room , my brother was doing something on a piece of paper I asked him kya kar raha hai bhai ?? Aare I am just trying to paint something .. wanted to make a personalised greet card form my friend on his birthday .. ohh wow that’s nice ..
I named all his frd but none of them had their birthdays , so I asked him Kiske liye bana raha hai bhai sach Bol otherwise I will tell mom .. sshhhh I will tell you first help me finish this .. ok we finished painting it and waited till it was dry and I was waiting for him to say , before I ask him he told me don’t share this with anyone ok it’s a very early stage so please .. ok nodded in agreement and told me she is a girl .. awwww
My brother got little nervous yes but it’s not that I am hitting on her even she likes me she said that today .. omg you mean to say you have a girlfriend OMG .. my face was amazed and excited at the same time ..
My mom entered the room quickly we kept all the things behind our back she did not notice and told us to eat dinner and left the room ..
the greeting was looking great and best thing was the wording
Roses are red,violets are blue
Sugar is sweet..So are you !!!
After reading those words I was feeling wow any girl would fall in love after getting so much attention wow bhai your going good ..
yes but don’t tell anyone ok her brothers are there and if they get to know , they will hit me ,, ohhh do I know this girl ?? Bhai who is she tell me I started naming all from my colony who had brothers .. mihaan was quite until I said one name that’s was Tanya .. I could sense some puppy smile on his face ..
omg bhai her brothers are very big I mean to say they all are in college your only in 9 std watch it ok .. if they tell you anything I will not keep quite .. we will not talk to Tanya and she will not be in our group ... aisa kuch nahi hoga why are You scaring me stop that all , tell me how’s the card
Card was good I was in love with that ..


Bhai this looks great when are you planning to give her this .. bhai said on her birthday !! So when is that ?? Next week ya stop asking so many questions now let’s have dinner ... we came on the dinning table and while eating also my mind was thinking what made him think that he loves this girl and she also likes him ??? God knows let it be it’s not my cup of tea !!!
We went down after dinner as our colony frds don’t disappear so soon , we all play sometimes after dinner also if the mood of the house is good !! So we both came down and saw few frds were sitting on the katta ( a broken wall of the compound ) first it was a wall but now it seems to be small as we have grown up all tall ... we waved before we reach them my bro don’t talk anything about Tanya .. ok I said quietly .. we sat there chatting for a while and one of our friend said yaar do you know aaj kal apne colony mei bhahar ke log aane jane lage hai !!! I asked who are they tune dekha kya ???? Yes today my sister was coming from school she said there was a boy who was standing in the corner opposite to our colony ?? All of us haaan kya !!!! as if we are the protectors of the colony started to ask him more questions ??? And later decided that everyone will keep a watch around the colony who come,where they stand, whom they watch everything in detail .. ok said all of the gang ..
soon after that I heard my friends mom calling their name come home it’s late .. just after that I heard my mom calling out for me .. I screamed coming home we left and while climbing the steps I asked my brother what if even I fall in love with someone ??? Will you help me to hide it from mom and dad ??? My brother turned and looked at me ... he said don’t worry aisa kuch nahi hoga !!! Nahi bhai lekin ho gaya tuo ??? He said it’s not allowed for the girls miya !! Bhai what’s not allowed falling in love or loving someone ?? Bhai Bol na he said shut up mom will hear ... I kept quite and walked went in the room and slept ...
next day just went fine in the school we went for the Champaign so that all the division girls can vote for me .. my frds use to scream vote for miya !! Vote for miya !! It was fun but also a responsibility to handle the post of a monitor !!!
Evening 4.45pm my school leaves and till I come home it’s almost 5.30 pm sometimes it’s even late because we don’t get bus .. sometimes we all frds walk to the house to just save that money and eat imli raw mango with mirch and namak .. and many other junk food which the hawkers use to sell in front of the school ...

Comments